Life on the other side, as said by my sister

After what seemed like eternity, I'm finally in talking terms with my sister. So, just now, she was having a severe back pain so being the good sister I've always been..lol..I massaged her back to make her feel better. So, as I was doing that, we had a long talk on how her peers were doing like where they are studying currently and how their life was going on. One of her friends are now in Adelaide, Australia. According to this friend, life there is much better. I do not know in what terms. Even though the fact remains that they are foreigners there, they insist that life in Australia is much better than it is in Malaysia. My sister's other friend, let's name her S. S lives a lifestyle that is very dear and posh, I guess. She has this blog, and my sister has read it and one of the excerpts (from the blog) say that S has bought this pair of jeans for 58 bucks. And she didn't stop there. She went on to say that the jeans cost 58 bucks only. Note the word "only". Man, if I saw a pair of jeans priced at 58 bucks, I no doubt would have scoffed at it, no matter the quality of tailoring or whatever shit la...I mean, c'mon...58???...Puh-leese la...I could get 2 pairs of jeans for that price in a pasar malam. It's worth it what..haizz..but anyway, for people like S it is normal. For people like my sister and myself, it's not normal. it's extravagant. Too extravagant.

My sister was saying that for people like us, life would not be easy and better there. Socially, it might be better. But financially, ha ha..no way..the cost might be too high, eventually creating hell for us. I so agree with her. It makes no difference actually, cos I've always disliked life overseas even if I've not been there. So, now, my dislike is even more enhanced.HAHA...crap.

Comments

Popular Posts