Like this..or..like that?

Dude. I swear


I'm in a state of pure confusion now. Seriously.


I was browsing http://thestar.com.my..you know, just going through headlines and stuff...and then one headline caught my eye; "Dr M unfazed by "slipper" remark, remembers worse insults"


Of course, my reaction was automatic..like a knee-jerk, to click on the link. Tun Dr Mahathir is like..this icon, dude. I idolise him for his headstrong attitude and his ability to speak his mind without fear and hesitation, always with admirable credibility.



And so, I was interested in what he had to say about the "slipper garland" comment made by Sukumaran..this dude in MIC la..(me malas wanta say more, seriously don't want to politicise me blog dude)


He's a witty guy, ya noe? so duh la..i wanted to read...so, what's the deal u ask...well..


Here's an excerpt from the article that has caused much confusion to Banu Da Great. tch tch tch...

On Sukumaran’s wish to apologise to him, Dr Mahathir said: “Apologise also okay, don’t want to apologise also don’t matter. It’s only when my own people hurl insults at me that I feel slighted.”

You know what STUNG? the word "OWN". Well, okay..on second thought, i understand la, that it means people of his race, Malays.


This is how my brain interpreted what Tun said:


"HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! DEI. i don't care if u say sorry or not la. Makes no difference. Slipper wat? Right. Pfffft! (laughs off in da background). BIG DEAL. *laughter continues till he coughs or something"


Further analysis by my intellect>>>>> I (Tun) am Malay. YOU are Indian. OK?


And after THAT interpretation, I just went....
O.o


Like, uh...owhkayyyyyy....



I tell u la ar..dear worthy followers of this phenomenal blog, AHEM...


Tun, seriously, I KNOW you are a respected UMNO nationalist. You stand up for your race's woes and importance..well-being...anything regarding Malays, you are, by all standards, the best advocate of their rights and whatever it is that concerns them la k. Totally understandable and trust me when i say that I have the utmost respect for you, for those reasons.


True...



But ah, is this what I think it is ah?



I mean, from one side...there's Najib, preaching about 1Malaysia about how we have to unite as ONE nation, and respect each other..bla bla...REGARDLESS OF RACE.


Actually, you know what. Let me provide you, me readers, a brief definition of 1Malaysia la k?


OK, screw that. Go and find out yourself la dei..lolz..seriously. I just tried to find a definition, you know, that's easy to comprehend..something concise. Did I find any? You know the answer right. Ha~ DAH!. 1Malaysia
Click that and you shall be directed to that page, wokai?


I'm sure most of you know what is it about la anyways...right..


Ha~..It's basically a concept coined in an effort to strive for unity. Since we're of a diverse community and all la kan...


So! Back to the topic at hand. (I blabber alot, i know. It's what I do best). I'm having a conflict now. Between what Tun is saying...and what Najib is saying.


Honestly, and simply put la kan, I understand THIS about 1Malaysia:

If we were to become ONE Malaysia, then,


  • there shouldn't be any of those "Saya Melayu la" or "I'm Malay/Chinese/Indian/etc" claims from ANYONE.

  • UMNO, MCA and MIC should be dissolved. I mean, what need is there for representatives of races if there's only going to ONE race, the MALAYSIAN race right? If we really are so caught up in politics la right, that we HAVE to have political parties, then create Party Malaysia or what la right (i reallly hope there isn't any party that exists with that name, already. Kalo ade pon, er...GOOD la..lolz) Why do people call it PARTY anyways? It makes it sound like it's something FUN or something.. heh~

As far as I'm informed la right, the three main parties that make up Barisan Nasional, the UMNO, MCA and MIC (i don't know why they always come in that order. O.o) were only united back in British colonial times, somewhere around..um..1954, dekat2 nk merdeka, ha, that time la, TO PROVE to the British that we, the people of Malaya, are CAPABLE of being UNITED as A NATION. ONE NATION. That goal was obviously achieved. They saw it happening, and thus, independence was ours. :)


(OPCOZ, there was more to it la..but this ain't no history lesson) O.o


And then...it continued...what for? I mean, ok. UNITY had to continue la, DUH. But the segregration...the party thing...like seriously...what for?



In short la kan...BANU DA GREAT is CONFUSED



Hmm...


I've got loads to say seriously...but well..."the liberty of speaking your mind, is well and alive in Malaysia, but it's your liberty AFTER the speech that's in question"

And dude..i love my country. Malaysia. MY country OUR country. Which is why I even bothered commenting.


=D



Comments

Anonymous said…
im not so into da politic. but dis quite interesting.
one nation. yeah.
it wont success if dey stil speak out loud bout dat but do nothing.
ol political thingy is about money.
no money no talk la man. duh.
but stil, i love msia. (^_^)v
Banu Piriya said…
"no money no talk la man"
haha, i like dat.
true..sad truth..

Popular Posts