My BTN experience...2

Come day 3...i was pretty much one of the walking dead. Waking up in the morning became harder than ever.

ULU SEPRI DAY 3 2ND JUNE 2010 7.32 AM
Almost too exhausted/just tire/sleepy/scared shit to write. LDK is about to start. Rearranging ourselves in the hall for a short briefing before it starts. I'm actually very freaked i think. LDK accounts for 60% of the whole BTN score. 40% is on Friday and all elements including the even scarier KEMBARA..is COMPULSORY =.='

7.59 PM
OK. Feeling quite hyped up currently - it's already Wednesday NIGHT. mwuhahahah. lol Did a Physiology Test today. I'm medically/biologically/physiologically 50+ years old. (wtf ryte) Lolz..maybe i have to start exercising la..takut die early ke ape ke. K, Moral now.

Problem with the video. That's right man..i am fucking 50 years old with a 20-year-old mind..this ain't no middle-age crisis shit man..lol brb


9.00AM
Moral just ended. We watched this incredible never-before-seen (it's protected in the national film archives..fulemakatak) video on how Tunku Abdul Rahman and other delegates that made up the independence convoy to London back in 1956 (somewhere around dat time) went about negotiations pending independence..was very touched. I felt pride just booming through man. :D Meremang bulu roma aku.

I.AM.SO.SLEEPY i swear. I'd probably go to sleep..doze off la..by 9-something =.='


ULU SEPRI DAY 4 3RD JUNE 2010 6.16 AM
Oh lord. lolz..it's the second last day in camp. I ought to be in freaking euphoria. Yeah..maybe I am and I don't know it..becos...FUCKING SLEEPY okayy... =.=' Like the girl's blog I read before coming here, the Moral facilitator could let us sleep in on this last day (for moral) but..no point la. Oredy 6.15 AM. Body sakit-sakit and to think of the Kembara this evening. sHIT. I hope my limbs serve me well. You realise, I didn't write last night.


12.26 PM Looking over the river LOL
Feels like I last wrote long long ago man. I hadta rethink if I had to write the date, if it was a new day already. Sigh. Anyways, I'm here lepaking now with the rest of my group and another group because the checkpoints are full. There are 4 checkpoints where you listen and take notes on clauses in the Federal Constitution. Very informative. I wonder why they never taught us this back in high school O.o

Still a little apprehensive about the jungle trek aka KEMBARA later. I've one extra reason to be so now - righ..left shoe's sole;s almost worn out. It's peeking a little on the inner right side now. Hope it'll survive the trek. You see (how) disorientated I am? Lol..can't tell right from left..literally.

We gotta finish this whole checkpoint this by 1 PM..DUH la cannot. By the way, earlier on, at our first checkpoint, we were granted with a special do-it-yourself facial routine - COAL WATER. not COLD k..coal as in ARANG. =.=' i SWEAR..after moisturising, we immediately had to apply a facial mask that comprised of TEPUNG GANDUM which had sweets, HACKS in it...had to bend down, and pick the sweets from the mixture with your mouth..my face had this really cun mask..white mask. Skin felt really smooth afterwards.


(I didn't write that night again, because our final - muahahaha- LDK ended about 2 AM and I obviously had to save every minute for sleep...cos the next day we were having the test. We did this activity where everyone needed to work together, while observing a deaf and dumb rule to make up the Malaysian flag with the given materials..red and white stripes..scissors..blabla..we weren't allowed to walk even. After that "inspiring" activity where we were sort of provoked to the max to dig in into our patriotism (???), we watched this video on how a daughter and son forget their mum when they are all grown up and each one is a doctor and the other some hebat profession la..can't remember. Their mum does not even dare call them up, fearing she might be disturbing them. Haiz..was kinda sad. And finally, when she falls sick, she tells them all about the years when she was left all alone in the kampung, in the house which was once filled with love and laughter from her two children..in a letter. She dies alone, too i think. Imagine the regret. It was to actually show us that we ought to rememeber our loved ones, the ones who brought us up and nurtured us with values and love all along...

So after that, we were put to a task of letter-writing..to our parents. This was a profound experience. Everyone was crying dude..i swear..moved to tears by the earlier video..and then to think that they might be facing the same thing soon. We're all gonna be gone for 3 freaking years..leaving our families, PARENTS behind. It's difficult to think of what could happen in those years. I didn't cry. Controlled the emotions. Also, probably because I never keep secrets from my parents..always been open to them, and my college being so close to home, I've been back every weekend..so, never been apart basically. Gonna be hard being away all the way in UK..lolz..We stuck the stamps on the envelopes that were provided, sealed them..and we probably should expect the letters to arrive to its recipients after we fly to UK come September :D )


ULU SEPRI DAY 5 4TH JUNE FINAL DAY (VICTORY SHOUT)
7.56 AM
Exam's in a while. At 9 AM. Pushed forward 30 minutes. Hehe..I'm not sure how I feel right now. I'm convinced by Jessica's, Sharan's and others' accounts who've been to BTN that's it's super easy, super kacang la katakan. Jess even swore at the easiness of it (easiness???). Hmm..writing in the dining hall as I wait for some group members to finish their breakfast. Real good food; nasi gorent and hard-boiled egg. Doesn't sound much..but I'm excited still...lolz. It's raining. Heavy, quite. Nice. To do exam la..sejuk-sejuk. It's like as if the camp's skies are tearing our departure...crap la. We still have minum pagi and lunch :) :) I'm not really keen to write about yesterday..as in last night. Evening, well, the jungle trekkin' went well. No water treatment from the teh tarik river all..all just very steep hills..going up and downhill. Couldn't have done it without Ruff's and JiaNi's and the others' help :D OK, shall continue after the test. As you can see, I'm not really bothered. *wink*

1.05 PM IN DA BUS!!!
That's rrrright! I'm going backkkk..mwuhahahaha...and yeah, exam was okay. The test, I mean. Some of my friends got some help from the facis...(lol..could almost spell that as fascists man..)I didn't get any...but well..there were only about 10, i'd say, factual question, so it wasn't that hard overall =) Leaving now, I think. Bus moved a little...feeling kinda nostalgic.Haha..just a littleI don't think I can stand another day in Ulu Sepri. It's not the people or the place. It's the routine that's quite nerve-wrecking. Waking up early really made the days seem extra long. Anyways, I...and YES!! (dat sound almost orgasmic now LOL) The bus is MOVING BABYY!! MWUHAHAHAHA....DIGI will be revived soon...back from the dead. Double louder laughter..hehe..There are some who are not feeling that well, fever flu and all..so cannot really rejoice as loud. OK, gonna savour the departure =) SEE YA! :D



Anddd....that was it la :) hope my account (though nonsensical) helps those who are about to experience BTN themselves..all the very best! When things seem like they couldn't get any worse, always remember that you'll be fed six freaking times a day aite? :D :D AWESOME... \m/

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice wan cha...=)
Banu Piriya said…
YO..thanks man :) yuges or sharan ah? lol

Popular Posts