Sari da Bari!

Haha..went to me cousin sister's wedding dinner yesterday evening...


Highlight of the evening was me cousin sister and her hubby..but in my world, it was I, as always..


Heheh..kidding..in my head, the attention was divided la..


It was my first time in a bloody sari..first time in public, that is. Wore my mum's favourite colour..purple, which kinda suits my taste as well :)


I tell you..mums are just guhh-r8 la..de way she tied de sari..fuh..cepat giler like zoop zoop zoop! ahaha...haiz..i love u ma. Not for the speed la..that too, but more because she really thinks about what I want and like and gives me only the best :) That's why mums are waaaat? ha~~...guhh-r8.

Back to the dinner..


It was held by the pool..at the Lost World of Tambun..ha~~..The first thing that occurred to me great mind was, "dude..should've worn sneakers man.."

The canopies were actually erected on the sandy area..so macam walking on da beach la..romantic no? (if i was wearing sari cam ne? all grace gone..lolz)


But i think i handled it ok la..legs got used to it or maybe because i was just sitting at one place, our assigned table for the whole evening, playing and layaning me 5-year-old cousin, Shaarvena. Haiz dat lil cutie..bukan main seksi! i swear..lolz..times have really changed. To think of the times when I was a 5-year-old *faraway mirage playing in da eyes*


And then there were the toasts..Seriously, you ought to listen to all that ryte? Baru sopan, no..but i tell you..it's funny la actually what my uncle, cousin and bro who were sitting at the same table did. It's called dinner for a reason la ryte, but ah, there were no refreshments..like, before the dinner, ko bagi la something ryte..i don't mean to demand or wat la..i mean, i was totally fine, just enjoying the reflection of the lights on the pool, the kids' antics (it surprised me to know that i had so many LITTLE cousins. like..kids O.o who might make worthy underlings of banu DA GREAT someday. who knows..), great music; they were blasting MJ k..haha..chunted.

SO yea la, when MJ comes into the picture, all grouses are already compensated for :) That's for ME la..lolz..others got a lil restless..i don't blame them. It's their first time at a Christian wedding..and so the reception was also held in a different manner, with toasts and speeches which you don't really get that much of in Indian wedding receptions. You see, my cousin got married to a Christian and she was brought up as a Hindu and kebetulan, she mmg Indian la, so yea..thus the possible cause for all the restlessness. Sigh..still, the jokes they made was just heartwarming..(?)...at least it provided some entertainment la..haha..laffing da baffing..



Really missed Shoba though...



I tell you..Social Studies was a guest at the event aso la..ha~~haha, mainly cos I was observing most of the time la..


Our canopies were divided into 3...2 large ones, and one smaller one. I don't know if it was an intended layout or wat la but i kinda noticed that one canopy was for the bride's side and the other for the groom...


I don't know if that's the norm or was it clever (i suppose that's what they thought it was) planning on the bridegroom's side.


Sigh..anyways, one thing i DID know..one thing i DID notice was that..well, the ice wasn't broken. There was a certain formality in the air..People say that weddings bring people together, but I wasn't a witness to that happening yesterday..


Oh well..it really could be because the reception was held for the bridegroom...still...damned nagging feeling eh :p


Ah well..all that aside..I did have a great evening, i guess. Got to see my relatives..and most importantly,MY MUM got to see her sisters and brothers...was great to see her smile :)


Oh and not forgetting the highlight of the evening! haha..banu in a sari! it's really damn shitty sayang that I didnt take a pic la..I have reasons for that la..cos ah, one, I was rushing..the dinner was at IPOH..so hadta travel..and then, another thing..the tension was running REAL high yesterday...so yea..takkan la aku nk sibok2 ambik gambor..


There'll be other times..in fact..there's this thing coming up at the end of the month..hehe...


Banu DA GREAT shall blog about it...await the awe, peeps.

Comments

Popular Posts